home :: news :: 2005 news clips
2005 News Clips
- December 12, 2005 - HHT staff from Anahola (Erik Danner, Keoki Cummings, and Maile Tomacder) spend week in New York learning SGML parsing.
- November 4, 2005 - Thompson takes top spot at HHT.
- September 28, 2005 - HHT's Erik Danner designed t-shirts that are featured on Senator Akaka's Website.
- September 14, 2005 - Paul Richards promoted to HHT's Operations Manager.
- September 14, 2005 - HHT's Olin Lagon participates in the Fourth Annual Minority Business Summit 2005 in Washington DC hosted by Congresswoman Velazquez (NY).
- September 7, 2005 - Samuel A. Makua promoted to HHT's Site Supervisor for Waimanalo.
- August 29 to September 2 2005 - HHT's staff attend the annual Native Hawaiian Conference hosted by HHT's parent the Council for Native Hawaiian Advancement. HHT participates in the Second Annual Native Economies Roundtable.
- August 18, 2005 - HHT's Ray Soon and Olin Lagon interviewed for a community development video sponsored by partner Sandwich Isles Communications. Segments of the video to appear on national television on Terry Bradshaw's Pick of the Week.
- August 17, 2005 - Friends of Hawaii Charities supports HHT's Waimanalo expansion with a generous grant. Friends of Hawaii Charities raised funds operating the Sony Open in conjunction with funds from the Harry & Jeanette Weinberg Foundation.
- August 15, 2005 - HHT's Olin Lagon selected as a National Petra Fellow.
- August 10, 2005 - HHT's Robin Danner and Paul Richards attend week long SCHHA convention in Las Vegas, Nevada.
- August 1, 2005 - USDA Rural Development supports the Waimanalo technology center with a grant for equipment and furniture.
- July 1, 2005 - The Economic Development Administration of the US Department of Commerce supports HHT's job creation program with a generous grant.
- June 11, 2005 - Community partner Waimanalo Hawaiian Homes Association's float awarded first place at the 2005 Kamehameha Day Annual Parade.
- June 3, 2005 - IITC staff M. Bowekaty, D. Howell, and S. Shaddy on week-long site visit to HHT's Anahola and Waimanalo facility.
- May 15, 2005 - HHT's Paul Richards in Huntsville, Alabama to attend a meeting with client U.S. Army. Also present were representative from IITC, Tlingit and Haida, DCL, and D4.
- May 11, 2005 - HHT's Olin Lagon was a volunteer judge for the annual 2005 Hawaii High School Business Plan Competition in Waikiki, Oahu.
- May 1, 2005 - HHT's Olin Lagon interviewed for the TV show Living Local with the Baraquios. Segment will air starting in June 2005.
- April 19, 2005 - HHT's Olin Lagon honored by SBA and The Chamber of Commerce of Honolulu at the 2005 Awards Luncheon, Small Business "Experience the Power".
- April 11, 2005 - HHT hosts technology partner DCL in Anahola for a week of intensive SGML training.
- April 6, 2005 - HHT's Olin Lagon is recognized for his advocacy by the U.S. Small Business Administration. Mr. Lagon wins the 2005 Minority Business Advocate of the Year for both the State of Hawaii and U.S. Region Nine.
- February 20, 2005 - O'ahu WorkLinks supports HHT's Waimanalo through wage reimbursement during set training periods.
- February 7, 2005 - HHT attends IITC's annual meeting in Las Vegas, Nevada. Two more Native groups are added, the Navajo and the Inupiat. IITC is now made up of twelve Native groups.
- January 22, 2005 - HHT's Olin Lagon updates community members at the Department of Hawaiian Home Lands' leadership meeting at Honolulu, Hawaii.
- February 5, 2005 - Empower Oahu, supported by funding from the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development, grants $75,000 to community partner Waimanalo Hawaiian Homes Association in support of HHT's Waimanalo expansion
- February 2, 2005 - HHT starts production work on a 12 month XML digitization project for the U.S. Army in support of the Apache Helicopter.
- February 1, 2005 - Bank of Hawaii donates furniture and cabinets to help outfit HHT's Waimanalo production facility.
- January 12, 2005 - HT's Paul Richards in Bremerton, Washington to attend a custom designed CAD course with HHT's Technology Partner Dimension4. Mr. Richards returns to teach HHT's Waimanalo staff CAD conversion work.
- January 10, 2005 - Windward Community College starts a customized three-week computer training course for HHT's employees at its Waimanalo facility. Students learn the basics of general computer use, Internet, Word, and Excel.
- January 5, 2005 - HHT's Waimanalo production center is operational with a modern facility complete with slim profile Gateway computers networked at gigabyte speeds and high speed Internet access from Sandwich Isles Communications.
- January 10, 2005 - HHT, with assistance from partner Waimanalo Hawaiian Homes Association, hires seven Waimanalo residents as the first digitization team in Waimanalo.
- January 1, 2005 - HHT starts production work on a 12 month SGML digitization project to support a private sector client.